Google
 

Friday, October 06, 2006

2 weeks to go.

Well week four is over, that leaves two weeks until I am off to sea. Very excited now. The Clyde Marine Training Manager is coming down to see us on Monday, and on Tuesday we are all being bussed up to the US Embassy for our VISA interviews.
Unfortionatly the college keep cancelling talks, we were meant to hear from NUMAST (Ships officers union) last week but that got cancelled as did a talk on Drug abuse by the Royal Navy(I think that meant the talk was given by the RN, not about how the RN abuse drugs!)

Next week is the EDH(Efficient deck hand) course, this lasts all week and teaches us seamanship skills such as knot forming, rigging pilot laders, gangways and bosuns chairs etc. Should be interesting, the degree group did it the other week and they all seemed to enjoy it.
The place is very quiet this evening, I think many have gone home for the weekend.
On Tuesday evening next week myself and a few others I have persuaded along are going over to Portsmouth to a recruitment evening for the RNR (Royal Naval Reserve).

I'm going to take some pics tomorrow for the blog, not sure what of yet but i'll wander around and point and click.

4 Comments:

At 1:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good blog - well done.
I might even start one myself - if I can work out how to.
Best Rgds
BSS

 
At 9:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Oct 10 today.
Blog not up to date.
Has there been an accident - or is it just something else.

 
At 4:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it is just something else.
This guy has the right attitude, already demonstrates leadership qualities, and with the correct mentoring and encouragement will make a first class deck-officer - in my view.

Shipmaster Retired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home