Google
 

Monday, April 16, 2007

Back in the Sash

Finally returned to sunny Warsash. I have really missed this place. Enjoying it already. Plenty of stories to swap about sea time etc. It seems I have been very very lucky to be with Chevron. No-body has had quite as good a trip as myself, although they all sound interesting. I am only writing a short amount as I am tired and quite lashed (thats modern talk for drunk!) Only to say we had our first lesson of what is to be 5 weeks of maths today. The teacher started by writing "2+3=" on the board. It got a little harder after that when we had to write something after the "=" sign. But that really was as taxing as the lesson got. Needless to say I am glad to be catching up on my otherwise very rusty maths. We are assured we will learn spherical trig and other exciting things during our Maths tuition. Cant wait!

Ciao!
R

2 Comments:

At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spherical Trig
Not difficult, quite easy especially if you already know Plain Trig.
Just working with different Numbers ie degrees, minutes & seconds instead of Linear,s.
Versines & Haversines & a couples of extra formulae that's all.

ptsm.

 
At 6:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spherical Trig - well well well.
It always was spherical trig but in my day - they called it Celestial Navigation.
As it seems you don't do that any more (essentially) they have to call it something I suppose - why not "Sherical Trig" - makes sense - I suppose.

Capt (Ret'd)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home